Dept. Chair for CS and Digital Apps at King School
King School (King) is an independent, college preparatory day school serving students from Pre-kindergarten through Grade 12. We are a diverse, vibrant learning community dedicated to educational excellence and the fullest academic and personal achievement of our students.
Job Description: King seeks a full-time Department Chair for Computer Science and Digital Applications who will guide the department into the next stage of its future, focusing on innovative curriculum design, STEM programming, other interdisciplinary opportunities. This Department Chair will report to the three Division Heads, and will assume duties and responsibilities consistent with expectations for all Department Chairs.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Expand the Computer Science and Digital Applications curriculum to create Art and Technology classes with an appreciation for developing STEAM programming
- Collaborate with the Science and Math department heads to develop programming for the Innovation Center/MakerSpace
- Manage a department of several people across three divisions
- Maintain a budget dedicated to material resources and professional development
- Review and update current curriculum with latest computer programming and new evolving computer related topics and technologies.
- Advise Hardware and 3D Printing clubs.
- Oversee the Robotics club, promote program, attend competitions
- Coordinate with the Marketing/Communications Department to promote all aspects of Computer Science course offerings, including Lower School computer science curriculum development
- Promote and coordinate “The Hour of Code” as an opportunity to expose all King students to the art of programming
- Teach three sections of Computer Science classes
- Attend professional development workshops to further knowledge and skill in implementing new course offerings as they develop.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Technology Education or related Computer Science program; Engineering background desirable
- Knowledge of STEM related topics and the ability to contribute to the STEM committee
- Extensive knowledge of the Java programming language, including the ability to teach AP Computer Science, AP Computer Science Principles and an Advanced Topics course in Java
- Experience in engineering, including Arduino and Raspberry Pi circuit board knowledge, 3D printing software, including TinkerCad, Blender and Fusion as well as advise and assist Engineering students in their year long project.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to constructively collaborate with colleagues
- Commitment to King’s Mission, Virtues, and Diversity Policy Statement
To apply, please email email@example.com with resume and cover letter.