Project Network Engineer with Axiom Technology, Stamford, CT
Project Network Engineer
Axiom Technology Group is a full-service IT integration and managed services company providing end-to-end technology and support solutions to small and mid-market businesses. Axiom’s Professional Services Team begins by partnering with clients to provide a wide variety of strategic planning, design and executive consulting services. Axiom then assembles a committed team of Project Specialists to work with clients and internal IT departments implementing customized technology solutions. To insure optimal benefits of the customized technology and continued client satisfaction, Axiom provides a dedicated Support Team to deliver ongoing individualized service to the customer.
Axiom recruits and retains the best, most enthusiastic industry talent to create a progressive and collaborative culture. We hire individuals who share common goals, as well as a commitment to continue personal development.
A Project Network Engineer at Axiom is an experienced technical engineer with a strong understanding of HP, Dell, Cisco, & Meraki technology stacks and has considerable experiencing designing, configuring, and administering environments at the network and communications layer. A Project Network Engineer will be involved in designing and implementing solutions for Axiom clients that range from small businesses with 15-50 employees up to midmarket organizations with hundreds of servers and thousands of employees.
Axiom project engineers work in small, dynamic teams to take a project from the detailed design stage through stand-up and go live before handing the environment over to either the internal support team at the client or back to the support team at Axiom that manages the client environment. Projects are led by Project Managers and Project Technical Leads and are staffed by project engineers as needed to successfully execution a project. Project engineers may work on multiple projects at the same time and are expended to be capable of define the activities and effort levels necessary to accomplish their assigned activities.
Communication skills are essential to the success of the Project Engineer as work with a wide variety of technical and business users in multiple client environments.
Daily Responsibilities – Client & Internally Facing
- Support the development, design, and budgeting of systems architectures for various Axiom clients.
- Work with solutions architecture resources to plan and design solutions for client’s technology challenges.
- Work with project managers and project technical leads to provide engineering input into project plans, identify actions that need to be executed to deliver projects, identify effort levels to execute those actions, and to identify any dependencies that project managers need to account for.
- Design, build, and implement projects for client environments that range from small and simple technical platforms to large and complex mid-market environments.
- Participate in onsite and remote client deployments and provide cutover support and day-after support for projects.
- Perform root cause analysis on complex issues in client environments to identify root causes and identify resolution plans.
- Review system implementation and performance as to implement system enhancements if needed.
- Develop standardized deployment documentation where necessary to document build standards.
- Perform research and development exercises to identify technology solutions to client problems when no standardized Axiom solution exists.
- Document the technical architecture and configuration of client environments and participate in knowledge transfer discussions as necessary.
- Participate in internal and client facing project status meetings as necessary
- Participate in internal and client facing engineering discussions as necessary to support complex troubleshooting efforts.
- Insure that all security standards are followed and properly established to prevent unauthorized access to privileged data and information.
Daily Responsibilities – Operational
- Documenting client issues and resolutions to maintain internal knowledge base
- Accurately record daily time sheets
- Seek appropriate guidance from team members when faced with challenges
- Provide collaborative feedback to teammates
- Participate in training and orientation updates
- Provide daily or weekly status reports as requested by Manager or client
- Partake in afterhours Level III escalations roster
- Provide status reports as required by Director and/or client.
- Participate in staff development and growth programs to ensure continued technical learning
- Must be able to work independently and/or in a team environment
- Ability to deliver valuable and professional IT services to external clients
- Self-motivated and accountable to own client issues to resolution regardless of magnitude
- Solid time management and organizational skills to efficiently complete assigned tasks
- Excellent communication skills to ensure successful resolution to client issues
- Strong written communication skills to participate and assist in the creation of comprehensive documentation
- Ability to provide knowledge transfer to other members of the support team
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of colleagues and clients
- Ability to work on site at client locations with respect to client’s work environment & staff
- Capable of maintaining a clam cool composure even when navigating challenging situations and frustrated clients
- Strong Experience of Networking including TCP/IP, Switching, VLAN’s, Routing & Wireless
- Design, Configuration, & Administration of Complex Multi-Site Networks including MPLS, Internet, Routing Protocols (Static, RIP, BGP, EIGRP)
- Design, Configuration, & Administration of HP, Dell, Cisco or Meraki Networking Stacks
- Design, Configuration, & Administration of Cisco or Meraki Firewalls
- Experience with Intrusion Detection Systems, Content Filtering, and SIEM platforms
- Configuration, & Administration of Basic Network Access Control Solutions like 802.1x, RADIUS, etc.
- Configuration & Administration of SAN’s and Shared Storage
- Configuration & Administration of Physical & Virtual Server Infrastructure
- Configuration & Administration of VMware or HyperV
- Configuration & Administration of Active Directory and Group Policy Objects
- Configuration & Administration of Mobile Device Management & Enterprise Mobility Management
- Configuration & Administration of Exchange Servers thru 2016
- Configuration, & Administration of Office 365
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems thru Windows 10
- Windows Server Operating Systems thru 2016
- SQL, Citrix, & RDS Farm experience a plus
- Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services experience a plus
Education and Experience
Minimum of 5 years of post-education IT work experience mandatory
Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar mandatory
Experience with call tracking / ticket management system, Autotask preferred
Experience with Managed Services, IT Integration and/or Consulting experience a plus
Candidates can submit their resume through email@example.com