Junior Programmer with Advanced Behavioral Health
The Jr. Programmer position provides assistance with new developments and enhancements to computer programs in accordance with project requirements and is responsible for analysis, coding, testing, debugging and documenting various database applications. Jr. Programmer will also provide technical support including installation and remote support to clients. This position will represent ABH® and its services in a positive and professional manner and adhere to ABH®’s best practices, guidelines, policies and procedures as established, promoting ABH® as a leader in behavioral healthcare in all interactions and work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with encoding project requirements by converting scope information into computer language;
- Programs the computer by entering coded information;
- Assist in developing new application and program operation by conducting tests, modifying program sequence and/or codes;
- Assist in developing references for users by writing operating instructions;
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions;
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing departmental outcomes as needed;
- Prioritizes work to meet goals or deadlines;
- Maintains flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and needs;
- Maintains confidentiality of all client protected health information and adheres to all HIPAA related policies and procedures;
- Demonstrates ethical behavior and cultural sensitivity in all activities involving individuals of diverse backgrounds;
- Performs other administrative and technical duties/responsibilities as required to support IT activities and business operations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of experience and education;
- Experience with VB6, ACCESS and Visual Basic.NET a plus;
- Experience in MS SQL 2008, T-SQL, Stored Procedures and TFS a plus;
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle;
- Attends annual Conflict of Interest training.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and assist in providing quality solutions on time and within project budget;
- Ability to communicate technical and business information with others clearly and concisely;
- Experience working independently in code;
- Strong attention to detail; ability to work on multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Package (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook); internet;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
– Employees must be free from any written warning or corrective action plan and in good standing to be considered for a job transfer.
– Employees must be in their current positions for at least 1-year before being considered for a job transfer. (Exceptions may be made if it is determined that the job transfer is in the best interest of the employee and the company.)
– It is the employees responsibility to inform their current supervisor that they are looking to post to an internal position.
Please complete the attached internal job posting form and forward it to the hiring supervisor, Ron Ho at firstname.lastname@example.org (860-704-6359) and forward to Pamela Sloane at email@example.com (860-704-6372).