The department offers three distinct undergraduate major programs:
- The Computer Science and Engineering undergraduate program emphasizes breadth, covering fundamental topics in both computer engineering and computer science.
- The Computer Science undergraduate program emphasizes depth in computer science, covering fundamental topics in the theory, principles, and practices of computing along with additional instruction and experience in a discipline outside of the School of Engineering.
- The Computer Engineering program emphasizes depth in computer engineering focusing on the design and fabrication of computing devices.
The department also offers two minors in computing:
- The Computer Science Minor, and
- The Information Technology Minor.
The Computer Science and Engineering program is jointly accredited by the ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) and Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC). The Computer Science program is accredited by the ABET Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC).